The Usui Energy Balancing Method
"Reiki" is a Japanese word - "Rei" meaning "God's Wisdom or Higher Power" and "Ki", which is "life force energy". So Reiki is "Spiritually Guided Life Force Energy". It is a practical healing technique, involving laying of the practitioner's hands in a series of positions, on and above the body to treat and soothe both physical, mental & emotional pain & rebalance the body's energies.
How Does Reiki Work?
Life-force energy (ki or chi) flows within the physical body through energy centres called 'chakras' and pathways called 'meridians', as well as flowing around the body in a field of energy called the aura. The energy field responds to everything we think, feel, say and experience and it becomes disrupted or blocked whenever we consciously or unconsciously accept or absorb negative words, thoughts, feelings or experiences. If these energies are not dispersed their energy can gradually become more dense, which is when they can transform into physical illness. Reiki is a spiritual energy vibrating at a very high rate that helps to break down these blockages, flowing through all the affected parts of the aura and the physical body, charging them with positive energy and raising the vibratory level of the whole energy field. It clears and balances the chakras, and straightens the energy pathways allowing the life force to flow in a healthy and natural way around the whole body. This strengthens and accelerates the body’s own natural ability to heal itself, and opens the mind, emotions and spirit to an acceptance and understanding of the causative issues that have led to disease in both the physical and energy bodies.
Benefits of Reiki
- Reduces stress & anxiety
- Improves sleep
- Promotes a positive state of mind
- Better able to cope
- Spiritual growth
- Beneficial in managing symptoms of physical or emotional ill health
- “Clearing Out” – A cleansing of toxins from the physical body as well as negative thoughts, past experiences or emotions that might be holding us back
- Deep sense of relaxation
Reiki is non invasive, gentle yet powerful, and may be used with confidence alongside orthodox healthcare. As such, it expands treatment options.
What are the benefits?
- Illness can be a time of great stress. Reiki can help us cope by encouraging relaxation and bringing a balance to both mind and emotion. Benefits reported by Clients/Patients of the UK Reiki Federation Practitioner Members include deep relaxation, promoting a calm peaceful sense of well being in all levels.
- Reiki encourages and supports positive personal choices such as improving diet, taking more exercise, devoting time for rest or leisure activities. Engendering greater inner harmony and balance, Reiki treatments promote a calmer response to life's challenges.
- Its gentle energy is easily adapted to most medical conditions and may be used safely by people of all ages. Reiki can enhance everyday living, and regular sessions may help to promote development of a healthier and more resourceful state of being.
Your initial session usually lasts around 1 hour and 15 minutes, this is charged at £45, and includes a full intake assessment and an hour of treatment. Subsequent sessions last around an hour and are charged at £40.